In the Olympic Barcelona, AvaLaw is a law firm specialized in providing high-quality advisory services to the sports industry.
Formed by an international team of professionals with different working languages and with extensive experience in offering multidisciplinary legal advice to local, national or international clients (especially to those ones related to the world of sports: clubs, athletes, agents, managers, federations, associations, professional leagues, companies and public bodies).
Our hallmark is the direct action based on the key principle of “think globally, act locally” in order to approach the questions posed by our clients with excellence, quality and innovation. Among other areas, we are specialists in Sports Law and our services are the following:
- Counseling and advocacy of our clients on procedures of all nature (UEFA, FIFA, labor, disciplinary, commercial, responsibilities and doping, among others), both ordinary justice and before the arbitration tribunals, particularly before the Court of Arbitration for Sport of Lausanne (TAS-CAS).
- Contractual advice participating in the negotiation of sports contracts such as the work contracts of athletes or transfer contracts, i.e. national and international transfers and assignments.
- Contractual advice for the agency agreements.
- Counseling and tax planning for athletes.
- Counseling on sporting and cultural events.
- Counseling on the Sports Industry.
Thanks to our specialized dedication to sports, we participate in the main national and international conventions and we are members of various national and international associations of lawyers. Likewise, we collaborate with distinguished business schools and universities in the education of sports professionals. In addition, we have relationships with the main law firms specialized in sports.
Víctor Rodrigo, Head of the Department, is the chairman of the Sports Law section at the Barcelona Bar Association (ICAB), arbitrator at the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Catalunya (TAEC) and instructor at the Catalunya Football Association (FCF). He lectures at the Master in Sports Management and Legal Skills organized by ISDE, in association with F.C. Barcelona, and collaborates with Universidad Pompeu Fabra (UPF), among others, as a member of the Editorial Board of the “FairPlay, Journal of Philosophy, Ethics and Sports Law”; he also participates actively publishing articles specialized in the Sports Industry and coordinating different Academic Days for the promotion of Sports Law.
Our highest priority is to offer an outstanding quality service according to the needs and requirements of our sporting clients.